Is it that day again? I love my hair but I hate how long it takes to wash it. Ladies how long does it take you to wash your hair? Well it normally takes me 5 hours from start to finish and if I twist it add another hour 😩.
Being a 4c natural has its challenges. The first 3.5 years of being natural I couldn’t do a wash and go if you paid me. December 2018 I finally figured it out. Here’s a link to how I do my wash and go on 4c hair.
Not only am I 4c but I am also high porosity. Here’s a link to my porosity check post. So needless to say taking care of my hair takes patience. If you relate to me keep reading. If you need a cute journal to keep up with all your wash day wos try my natural hair wash day journal.
So my last wash day was simplified and reduced to 2.5 hours. Yes you heard right 2.5 hours not including drying time.
So here are the steps to a simplified wash day:
- Pre poo with a good conditioner – For this step I parted my hair in 4 sections and I added water with my spray bottle and Aussie Moist conditioner and put my hair in 4 big twists. I put my insulated cap on (put it in the microwave for 1.5 minutes) for 10 minutes.
- Prewash with diluted shampoo – In This step I added water to my dye bottle and naturall club avocado Line shampoo or your favorite and massaged in.
- Wash – Now add more shampoo in the shower or sink and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Condition – Add conditioner and rinse
- Deep conditioning – Section hair in 4 to 6 sections add a generous amount of Naturall club avocado deep conditioner. Now put on your foil or plastic cap ans put insulated cap on top for 20 minutes.
- Detangle – I used my detangling brush and then rinse out with cool water
- Style -Do a quick (15 minute) style with Extreme Wetline Gel and Strands of Faith twisting butter. See wash and go post for more details.
- Dry – Sit under a hooded dryer for 30 minutes and use a blow dryer to stretch.
I started This wash day at 7:30 am and I was still able to make it to church for 11:30 am. Praise the Lord!!
“The links on this website may contain affiliate links. This means that we may receive a commission if you decide to make any purchases using our affiliate links.”